Saturday, December 26, 2020
Until further notice, in-car lessons have been postponed due to the Provincial government move to put all regions into lockdown. As a result, this will cause some back up in lessons for all students at this time.
When we are clear to start up again, lessons will be prioritize as follows:
- If you are currently taking in-car lessons, we will reach out to reschedule when we are notified that we are clear to start up again.
- If you are yet to start in car, we will be prioritizing students that are already partially through their lessons, then based on how long you have had your G1 licence. We will make every effort to accommodate students as quickly as possible.
Students that have not completed their online course will not be eligible to start in-car lessons until all online course requirements are complete.
Road Test bookings
DriveTest has cancelled all road tests during the lockdown period. You do not lose your road test fees and you will be allowed to re-book your road test for a date outside of the lockdown window.
If your test was cancelled, we suggest logging onto the DriveTest website regularly to find a new date. You will need to have some patience, as you and 1000's of others are trying to do this at the same time.
If you have a road test that is scheduled after the current lockdown window (after Jan 23, 2021) but have yet to complete your in car lessons, we recommend reaching out to your instructor by text to discuss whether it is realistic to be finished your lessons and ready to go by your test date. Please don't assume that your instructor can accommodate several hours of instruction in a short window.
Finally,we want to thank everyone for their patience during this trying time. It has been stressful for everyone and we are hoping that with the vaccines now rolling out that things will slowly get back to normal, In the meantime, do what you can to protect yourself and others from Covid19 by wearing a mask, washing your hands and keeping your distance - together we can make things better for everyone.
Friday, November 20, 2020
Waterloo Region has been moved into the red zone starting on Monday, November 23, 2020. In the red zone, we are still allowed to offer in car lessons practicing the same care and attention to sanitation and safety that we have been doing since we re-opened in late July.
As a result of the business interruption caused by Covid19, there are students from last year and several leading up to and including March break that are either in progress or still waiting to start their in car lessons. I appreciate the patience that everyone has been exhibiting during this time, I am hoping that with news of a vaccine, that life will get back to normal next year.
If you took your course during March break or before and are looking to start, please reach out when you are ready and I will find you a start date.
A few Important Reminders:
- Be screened to ensure that they: are feeling well; no fever, coughing, sneezing, sore throat and have not been in contact with anyone that has an active Covid-19 infection
- Wear a mask for the entirety of their in-car lessons and if necessary purchase a mask $2/each from the instructor
- Wash your hands with hand sanitizer (provided) prior to commencing with the lesson and at the end of the lesson.
- Take your mask with you at the end of your lesson; no garbage, water bottles, etc is to be left in the instructors vehicle.
Your instructor will...
- Wipe down all touch surfaces in the driver cockpit with a disinfectant prior to your entry to the vehicle and at the completion of your lesson
- Provide hand sanitizer for student use
- Carry a small quantity of single use masks for those that forget to wear a mask for lessons. Cost $2/each.
- Wear a mask during the entirety of your lesson
Should you not feel well; please inform your instructor by text ASAP and your lesson will be rescheduled when you are feeling better.
A few hints to make booking easier:
First lesson? Always book a one hour lesson; this lesson is an introductory lesson where the instructor will assess your current driving skills and set a plan for future lessons.
Sign In: The first time you book a lesson through the portal, square automatically makes an account for you. To book or revise lessons, just sign in with your cell number and you can book new lessons, cancel lessons or change pick up locations.
Pick up location: Make sure you clarify your pick up address or the instructor will automatically go to the address on your registration paperwork.
Lesson length: Once you have completed the first lesson, you can decide whether you want to do 1 hour or 90 minute lessons during future lessons.
Lesson start time: Book your in-car lessons at times that work best for you. If you need a slight modification in timing, leave a note when you book the lesson. Lesson requests are reviewed by the instructor to ensure that they can accommodate your timing. When the instructor approves your lesson they will update the start time as well.
Cancelling a lesson: Lessons that are more than 48 hours away can be cancelled by the student online. If you are having troubles, contact your driving instructor to assist you.
Having trouble booking?... Can't find any times? Text your instructor; they will be able to help you find something that works for you.