Online Training program (20 hours)
In March 2020, the MTO approved an online training course that replaces the Classroom Training sessions that have traditionally been offered by Ontario driving schools. This gives the student the flexibility to do their driver training on their own timeline making it easier to learn to drive from anywhere that you have internet access.
This program takes approximately 20 hours to complete and covers all of the topics that would be covered in a classroom course. Work on it at your own pace; the program bookmarks your progress, so you can pick up where you left off, even if you sign in on another device.
Topics covered include:
- Driving and the Law: getting and maintaining a licence, licence classifications, traffic laws, demerit point system, signs, signals and pavement markings, insurance
- Defensive Driving techniques: proper scanning, predicting the movements of other road users, planning the drive, driving to conditions (road, weather, light, traffic), crash avoidance
- Knowing your vehicle: car components, importance of proper vehicle maintenance, seasonal maintenance
- You the Driver/ Social Responsibility: driver types, sharing the road with others, driver courtesy, dealing with passengers, emotional control, dangers of distractions and impaired driving
NOTE: A G1 licence is not required to start online training however a student should be within a few months of being able to obtain a licence.
Homelink (10 hours) - Online
Once you have completed your Online driver education program, you will complete a series of online exercises and case studies that will expand on your learned knowledge of driving. Completion of the 20 hour online course and 10 hour online homelink will allow you to start booking your in-car lessons.
In Car training (10 hours):
In-Car training includes: proper steering techniques, threshold braking, ABS braking, city driving, freeway driving, roundabouts, parking, parallel parking, 3pt turns, hill parking, evasive driving techniques and much more
- All lessons are one-on-one - Student & Instructor
- Lessons are booked to suit the students schedule
- Students will be picked up and dropped off at their choice of location within Waterloo Region as arranged with the instructor.
- Students will never be asked to sign for training they did not receive.
All instructors are licensed by the Ministry of Transportation and their vehicles have the driving school insurance and annual safety certification as required by the Ministry.