Online Training program (20 hours)
An alternative to the traditional classroom environment, students learn the fundamental concepts of driving in a self-paced online format. This comprehensive course covers uses a variety of activities to engage students as they are introduced to driving theory.
This program takes approximately 20 hours to complete and covers all topics that would be taught in the classroom.
- Work at your own pace, wherever you have an internet connection
- Minimal equipment required:
- Internet connection
- PC, laptop or tablet device
- Cloud based - pick up and continue from device to device.
- MTO Approved
- Insurance discount
- No Zoom meetings
Topics covered include:
- Driving and the Law: getting and maintaining a licence, licence classifications, traffic laws, demerit point system, signs, signals and pavement markings, insurance
- Defensive Driving techniques: proper scanning, predicting the movements of other road users, planning the drive, driving to conditions (road, weather, light, traffic), crash avoidance
- Knowing your vehicle: car components, importance of proper vehicle maintenance, seasonal maintenance
- You the Driver/ Social Responsibility: driver types, sharing the road with others, driver courtesy, dealing with passengers, emotional control, dangers of distractions and impaired driving
NOTE: A G1 licence is not required to start online training however a student should be within a few months of being able to obtain a licence.
Homelink (10 hours) - Online
Once you have completed your Online driver education program, you will complete a series of online exercises and case studies that will expand on your learned knowledge of driving. Completion of the 20 hour online course and 10 hour online homelink will allow you to start booking your in-car lessons.
In Car training (10 hours):
In-Car training includes: proper steering techniques, threshold braking, ABS braking, city driving, freeway driving, roundabouts, parking, parallel parking, 3pt turns, hill parking, evasive driving techniques and much more
- All lessons are one-on-one - Student & Instructor
- Lessons are booked to suit the students schedule
- Students will be picked up and dropped off at their choice of location within Waterloo Region as arranged with the instructor.
- Students will never be asked to sign for training they did not receive.
All instructors are licensed by the Ministry of Transportation and their vehicles have the driving school insurance and annual safety certification as required by the Ministry.
In this video, the blue car is making a right turn and ends up being in a collision.
Using your knowledge of right of way and defensive driving techniques, determine who is at fault for this collision.
What mistakes did each of the cars make?
How could applying good defensive driving techniques have helped each of these drivers make a better decision behind the wheel?